Mother's Day ranks up there as one of my favorite holidays. Growing up I didn't really appreciate the holiday. I still loved my mom, sure, but I thought we should celebrate Kid's Day instead. Now as a mother who gets run ragged by the end of each day, I get it. My girls have always been super sweet to me on Mother's Day. I get some cute handmade cards each year...actually, I get a LOT of them. They appear on my nightstand. They appear on the kitchen counter. They appear on the fridge. They appear on my bathroom counter. They appear taped to my bedroom windows. I love those sweet little surprises. Jeremy also treats me like a queen. I don't have to step foot in the kitchen all day except to eat whatever fabulous meal he has prepared (this year it was yogurt and mango filled crepes, and an island pork tenderloin salad.) I also get to lay in bed as much as I want during the day alternating between napping and reading a good book. The gifts this year were really thoughtful. Jeremy gave me a day at the spa. It was advertised as Heaven on Earth, and I have to say that it came really, really close. I had a massage, a facial, a bodywrap, and a float in a float tank. I couldn't believe how relaxed I was when I came home. I was truly spoiled. But I also received a bonus gift this year too. Instead of flowers in a vase, I received a bunch of flowers to plant in the front garden. I have been wanting colorful blooms out there since we moved in and I am really excited to see how they grow. They look beautiful. I am grateful that I have a family full of beautiful and thoughtful kids, and a husband who loves me no matter what. Thanks for a wonderful day everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment