The kids also each received a Valentine's Day shirt from their Nana, and "love" jewelry from Grandma.
We topped them off with heart-inspired hair and got on with the rest of our heart-inspired day.
We had red velvet heart pancakes, heart sandwiches, heart pizzas, and purple heart rice krispies for dessert.
I even decided to show the kids how much I love them by letting them build a huge fort in the living room and let them keep it up all day. That's love people! Now that Kelton is comfortable crawling, he gets really excited that he can climb all over me. (You can see part of the girls' fort in the background.)
Jeremy had to work all day on Valentine's, but we still managed to squeeze in a date for us the night before. We went to the Happy Sumo and ate sushi! It was the first time either of us have had sushi and I need to say that I was very impressed. We had no idea what we were ordering and basically pointed to a random picture on the menu, but we got lucky. It didn't taste fishy and slimy like I was expecting. Each roll was flavorful, and spicy, and sweet, and satisfying. I really, really loved it. It was the first out-to-dinner meal that we both left feeling full but not full of sickly calories. I am already looking for an excuse to go back because it was that good. What a lovely day full of love!
No comments:
Post a Comment