This year we were able to have Thanksgiving with both of our families! Thanksgiving lunch was at my Grandma Stratford's house in Ogden. We were missing a couple of families simply because everyone is getting old and going to school across the country (wait, that sounds familiar), but it was really nice to see those families members that made it. And I love that my girls' have little friends to play with while we are there. Round two was Thanksgiving dinner at the Pearce's in Morgan. We were all pretty stuffed, but McKenzie can always fit in more rolls and everyone can fit in more pies. It felt funny telling the girls in Ogden that they could only have two pieces of pie since they would be having more later. I wish there was more of a story than what I have written, but it was a very normal Thanksgiving; turkey decorations on the table, festive tableware, people laughing in the kitchen, plates piled high with food, and lots of satisfied bellies. One year I'll be smart and actually take a picture of my family at Thanksgiving dinner. As it is, I have a quick pic of Jeremy, Kelton and I at my Grandma's house. I suppose that will have to do. Happy turkey day!
No comments:
Post a Comment