McKenzie finally started preschool today. She has been waiting for her turn for years and now it is here.
I am doing the Mother Goose program with four of her friends: Addi, Madison, Merrick, and Izzy. I did it with Cambrie and was really happy to be able to spend some time teaching her and learning with her before she disappeared into the public school system all day. It felt really strange getting two girls ready for school today. Luckily I have an hour or so after dropping off Cambrie to dropping off McKenzie so it's not super rushed. But it still felt strange dropping off my littler girl at school. I had a couple hours with just one kid again spent the whole time alternating between thinking how easy it was with one, to worrying about both of them at school. When I picked her up she was so happy. She couldn't wait to show me the family tree she made today and sing me the nursery rhyme they learned. She was the snack helper today and they ate cheese puffs. She thought that was the coolest thing ever. I also saw that she is the only kid in the class that can write her name. I was surprised because I haven't worked a lot with her one-on-one, but she must have picked up a lot from Cambrie. I hope that she likes learning as much as her sister. Good luck in preschool sweetie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment