Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I woke up for my morning workout and was confused when I saw a large shadow hanging in my living room.  I turned on the lights and was shocked to see a giant candy gram.  I couldn't believe that Jeremy whipped that up before he went to bed.  It is made of approximately 100 Reese's peanut butter cup packages.  That candy supply should definitely last me awhile, and the smile stuck with me all day. 

When the girls woke up they had Valentines balloons waiting for them and I made them as pink as a breakfast as possible.  We had pink heart-shaped pancakes, pink juice, red straws, red strawberries, and even made sure we pulled out the pink and purple plates. 

They were very excited to get dressed in their new Valentine's Day clothes, in fact they had been waiting for days to wear them. 

And Cambrie was able to experience making her first Valentine's Day box, and her first Valentine's Day party at school.  I went in with McKenzie to simply drop off some treats, but ended up staying for the entire party.  The girls each decorated a Valentine's bag, ate some goodies, and Cambrie passed out her Valentines.  This year we made little fish bowls with Swedish Fish and tag lines like, "I'm glad we're in the same school." "I saw you and I was hooked." and "You're the cutest fish in the sea."  She loved putting them together and loved giving them out even more. 

When we got home I let the girls go wild with their candy.  Some of the kids in Cambrie's class had extra and so even McKenzie came home with sugar.  It was like a flash-back from Halloween; sugar and sweets everywhere! 

Jeremy and I didn't celebrate our Valentine's Day until the next day when we out to eat at Texas de Brazil.  It is a yummy Brazilian steakhouse and I really enjoyed it.  I had told our babysitter a time we'd be home, and it was a little longer than a typical dinner.  That way I didn't feel rushed and truly savored every bite.  It was a delicious holiday all around!

No comments: