Monday, February 11, 2013

Jeremy's 31st

I don't know if it was because it was a Sunday or because 31 doesn't sound as crazy as 30, or 40 years old, but Jeremy's party was fairly low-key this year.  I made him eggs Benedict for breakfast (that was an experience), we went to church, then he came home and napped.  I suppose that was probably one of the best presents he could have received anyway.  For dinner he requested a "Pie" style pizza.  Not having grown up on the Pie, I did what I could to recreate the deliciousness he desired.  It was a good pizza.  Yummy!  After dinner we moved on to cake and presents.  Earlier this week when I was trying to decide what kind of cake to make for him I had asked the girls for their opinions.  Cambrie said that daddy liked football so we should make him a football cake.  McKenzie said we should make him a pink cake.  I decided, "Heck, why not?"  And we made Jeremy a pink football cake.  Jeremy loved it and thought it was a great idea. 

Once we had our fill of the cream cheese frosting he opened his gifts.  Cambrie made him his own Ducky.  Jeremy has named him Frank.  He even slept with it last night.  What a good daddy! 

I got him a new Utah State polo shirt.  He has grown sentimental from being away all these years and Aggie gear always brings a smile to his face.  And that was where the party ended.  Simple yet satisfying.  Happy birthday love.  I am so lucky to have you as a husband and a father to our girls.

No comments: