Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sick girls

With winter comes sick kids.  We are always pretty lucky and avoid most of the bugs that go around.  When we do snag a bug, it typically runs its course pretty quickly and we're back to normal.  Last Saturday Jeremy took the girls to see Wreck It Ralph while I stayed home and enjoyed some relaxation.  When they came home I noticed that Cambrie was not acting herself and was surprised she went straight to bed.  I didn't expect that reaction to a fun daddy-daughter outing.  Sunday morning she had a fever and so she stayed home with Jeremy while McKenzie and I went to church.  While we were gone, Jeremy kept her pretty occupied and happy with movies and Construx building.  A life-sized robot greeted us upon our arrival.  The neatest part of it all was that the head would pivot when you moved its arms.  They definitely were creative! 
 

Monday was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and Cambrie had the day off from school.  She was acting better and it was a beautiful day so we went to the Denver Botanical Gardens.  The only flower blooming was the orchid, and they were absolutely beautiful.  The rest of the gardens were in hibernation, but we were there for the fresh air, not the blooms. 

I took the wagon expecting a recovering Cambrie to lay in it while we walked around.  About half way through Cambrie wanted to explore some trails with some friends and McKenzie stayed in the wagon.  Moments later she had made herself a bed and had fallen asleep.  Hmm..more unexpected behavior from my girls. 

When we got home Cambrie was weary, but up and about, and McKenzie was napping soundly upstairs.  While Cambrie was well enough to go to school the next day, McKenzie has spent the week sick at home in quarantine.  She seems to be feeling better but has a nasty cough that simply sounds contagious.  I don't want any moms blaming me.  We are on the upswing now and hopefully we can avoid many future bugs this season.

No comments: