From there the day just kept going at full speed. We hopped in the car to the warmest place we could think of to have fun, Monkey Bizness. We spent two hours there jumping, sliding, laughing, swinging, crawling, painting, and simply playing. But the thought of her cake was never far from McKenzie's mind all day and we eventually had to go home so we could eat the yummy creation.
We started by opening her presents. McKenzie asked me to take a picture of her opening every present. She was well trained at Christmas. Cambrie gave her a stuffed unicorn that she made.
Grandma and Grandpa gave her a fairy story all about the fairy, McKenzie Rogers. And Nana and Papa gave her a princess playhouse.
Even though she wanted to play with the toys, that girl likes sugar more than anything and jumped at the chance to see her finished cake, a number 3 which was red Velvet on the inside, cream cheese frosting on the outside, and completely covered with pink-ish M&M's.
When I put the cake in front of her she immediately pointed out that she needed fire on her cake. Well, of course. What cake is complete without a little fire? I hadn't even blown out my match before she blew out her candles. I had to relight them with new instructions to wait until we had finished singing, "Happy Birthday" before she could blow them out again. She waited very patiently while we sang-even when Jeremy accidently sang "Happy birthday dear Cambrie-" then blew them out on cue. We have had family members calling all day wishing her a happy birthday. The sweet thing doesn't know the best response when they tell her "Happy birthday," so she simply says, "Happy birthday!" right back. So cute.
Just a few things about McKenzie right now:
-She loves, loves, loves dresses. She will wear approximately three or four different dresses every day and I typically take her to pick up Cambrie from school in a Cinderella dress.
-She is great at sharing. She will give you her last M&M if you ask it of her.
-She loves her sister so much. If Cambrie isn't still in bed when McKenzie opens her eyes she gets very nervous until she finds her.
-She is an incredibly picky eater. She survives on cereal, pancakes, and Macaroni & Cheese. I am lucky if she eats anything else for her meals than those three things. But don't worry, she is very good at finding and devouring any sugar in the house.
-Her speech isn't very clear, but my favorite phrase of hers is, "I wub you." Melts my heart every time.
-She is great at problem solving. She thinks outside the box and is determined enough to solve most of her problems without asking me for help at all. Sometimes this is a great trait, and sometimes it means I have a lot of toothpaste to clean up in the bathroom.
-She is very active and quite strong. When we are at the playground, I know that if she slips her strong little fingers will hold her in place until I get a chance to come rescue her. She has also mastered her little scooter and rides all the way to school and back during drop-off and pick-up.
-She is very social and loves play dates as much as her sister. I don't have a big enough pool of kids to keep her busy every afternoon, but I try.
-She is very loving and has a tender heart. When someone is sad she does whatever she can to make them feel better. For Cambrie she will find her Ducky. For me she will give me a great big hug. And for Jeremy she finds him the remote. Whatever it takes right?
-She still loves her blankies. They are her comfort item and there is typically one in every room of the house because she has carried them around.
All in all we are so blessed to have her in our lives. She has the sweetest smile and has a knack for making all of us a little happier. Happy birthday Munchkin!
No comments:
Post a Comment