My sister is home from her mission! I think I may have been counting down her release date more than she was. I was really excited to see her come home. We got to the airport right on time but it still seemed like an eternity before she showed up at the top of that escalator. I was so afraid that I wouldn't recognize her right away. I know that sounds silly, but I didn't want to miss the moment. When she reached the family you could tell she was in total shock. Really, we all were. Hugs went all around. New kids and grown kids were handed to her as she met them again. And there was a lot of crying.
The neices waiting patiently.
The rest of the airport greeting party.
Once our tears and smiles were under control, we decided to head to Spaghetti Factory for lunch. That's a restaurant that always seems to be a family favorite and I remember going to for a lot of family celebrations.
Camille's request before we headed back up to Logan was to visit Temple Square. I think she really wanted to see the temple, and she was also looking for a sister missionary she had spent time with at the MTC. We weren't able to find the sister, but it was pleasant walking around Temple Square enjoying the spirit that is there. The next few days included a lot of adaption for all of us having Camille home. It was so nice to see her again and to have her excitable missionary spirit rub off on all of us. I am so glad she is home!




No comments:
Post a Comment