Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Do you ever wonder?

Do you ever wonder if you're a little OCD?  Sometimes I think I'm a little too particular about things.  For example:

  • My bed has to be made the exact same way every day.  If the top isn't folded down, it really bugs me and I will fix it before I climb into bed. 
  • I have to have the girls' beds made the same way every morning.  When Cambrie is a sweetheart and makes her own bed, I really have to fight the instinct to correct the mistakes. 
  • The dishes have to be clean by the time I wake up in the morning.  I need to start off my day with a fully stocked cabinet of sippy cups, bowls, and spoons.  If I have to run the dishwasher in the morning instead of while I'm sleeping the night before....I get grumpy and it throws of my whole morning.
  • The blinds in the kitchen need to be open by the time we eat breakfast.
  • They also need to be closed the minute it gets dark outside.
  • The house needs to be picked up before I go to my room for the night.  If I wake up and there are still books on the floor...grumpiness ensues.
  • My clothes all have to face the same direction on the hanger.  I like to have them hung so I can see the front while I'm deciding what to wear.
  • If I clean something, my girls are basically not allowed to touch anything because I don't want to clean it again.
  • The blankets on my girls' shelf are arranged by fabric type.
  • My shower, hair, and make-up routine is exactly the same every morning, as well as my bedtime routine.  Jeremy laughs because he can tell by what noises the soap and water and making how close I am to being done.
  • I'm on such a routine that at night after the girls go to bed, it doesn't matter if I'm hungry or not, I will eat a treat anyway while watching TV.
  • I like my girls' clothes to match.  If they don't match...I'm not as patient with them during the day.  Weird, I know.
But at the same time, I can't be that bad. With all my very particular traits, you'd think I'd actually have things organized.
  • The clothes in my drawer rarely stay folded.
  • My necklaces aren't even in a jewelry box, they're in a P.F. Chang's take-out container.
  • The desk is always piled with projects, bills, and things to file.
  • My spice cabinet is a maze to negotiate.
  • Good luck trying to find a working pen in our house.
  • I'm in luck if I vacuum once a week.
  • I'm in luck if I mop once every two weeks.
  • I have "junk boxes" where all the extra stuff ends up when I'm cleaning.  Those rarely get sorted.
  • I don't even have a good space to put my runner gear...it's in a pile next to my lotion of all things.
  • Our shoes live in a massive pile by the garage door.
So I don't know.  Maybe I'm crazy but trying to ignore it.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Ha! I'm the same way about the blinds. It drives me crazy if I can't see outside in the daytime. I love natural light. But as soon as it gets dark, they HAVE to be closed. And it also drives me crazy when Sadie doesn't match (which lately is frequently). Glad I'm not the only one. :)

bobandhaley said...

Well, I think you're a little crazy ;) There are a few things that I am OCD about, but for the most part since having kids I have given up on a lot of them... But I still think there is a right way to wash the dishes and load the dish washer. It sometimes drives me nuts to watch Bob do it.

Megan said...

Love this post! I think everyone is a little crazy in their own ways. Call it OCD, or being "particular," or whatever you want, but we all have our quirks. :)

Angela said...

So funny. :) I'm definitely the same with the blinds, like it's my personal responsibility to make sure they're open or shut depending of the time of day and I don't like it when someone else does it. :) Can't wait to hear about your race!

Brandon said...

Dude, you totally missed out on the cleaning of the van. Let's just say it was another fun adventure;)

Thanks for coming with us. You did amazing!