Monday, June 28, 2010

Making new friends

On our walk to the YMCA the other day, Cambrie said to me, "Mom, I'm running out of friends." Yes, that is very true. We are some of the last ones out of here this summer and there aren't that many kids her age around anymore. I told her that when we move to Colorado we will make new friends. Cambrie responded by saying, "We need to make a new Hailey, Ashlyn, and Lucy." My first thought was how we are going to do that....LEGOS....paper and glue....wooden dolls? And I laughed to myself. But Cambrie's concern is a very valid one. We have been very blessed while we've been out here with tons of kids for Cambrie to play with. We had playgroups, date nights, YMCA child watch, even the neighbors in our apartment complex. I'm not sure what we'll find when we move. It's making choosing a new place to live difficult. There had better be friends for Cambrie wherever we end up...me too in fact. I have love, Loved, LOVED having so many friends here. We are all in the same situation in life. We all have student husbands going through the same student woes. We are all poor and living completely off of student loans and welfare. We all have young kids. We are all separated by our families and only have each other to rely on for birthday parties, holidays, and emergencies. I have no doubt that we will make new friends, but I'm dreading the loneliness that comes first. Maybe we will resort to making new friends out of building blocks and crayons for awhile.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our ward has been awesome. So many kids and young families that are away from their families too. I am sure where ever you end up it will be great.