Sunday, June 15, 2008

Miles for Smiles


Every year some students from Jeremy's school travel to Haiti to do humanitarian dental work. To help raise money for their trip this year, they hosted a 5K race at Fort Washington State Park. I ran cross country in high school so this was a trip down memory lane. I wasn't expecting much, just a good run and a lot of fun. The course wasn't bad except for a hill in the middle-yikes, I haven't trained hills for a long time. I felt good during the race and even better after I finished and saw that I was 7th overall and the 2nd woman to finish. Yea! True, it was a small race, but that's okay. Kristen, Jordan, and Mindy also ran that day and did great. Nice job ladies!

3 comments:

Whittney Clark said...

Good Work! You make running sound easy. Wish I had that talent! haha

Kendra Owens said...

Congrats my dear. You have to love racing. What was your time?

Annette said...

My time was 24 min. It's been so long since I ran that I don't even know how it compares to my personal bests in the past.