Thursday, January 15, 2026

Spelling Bee

Daxton did something incredibly brave and signed up to participate in the school spelling bee. He's been going to practices for a few weeks, and before we knew it the actual spelling bee was upon us. I have never been to a spelling bee. All I remember is I had a friend in elementary school who was a spelling bee fiend and always carried around a list of words to study. I was so scared for all the kids who were participating. I've taught them all and just wanted them all to succeed. Daxton made it through the first round just fine. During the second round he was given the word "author." He was so confident that he went too fast and made a mistake. He knew it immediately but there was nothing he could do at that point so he had to go sit down. It was disappointing to be eliminated on a word he knew, but I was still so proud of him! 


 

No comments: