Sunday, May 11, 2025

Mother's Day

There was no way I was missing Mother's Day this year. I hopped on a 5:00am flight from St George so I could make it home in time for church and celebrations. In Relief Society they honored the graduating seniors. Each mom stood up with her daughter and had a few minutes to share funny stories, quirks that may have gone unnoticed, and basically say how amazing they are. Cambrie had no idea this was going on, and almost walked right out when she noticed. But she was a trooper and stayed up there as I bragged about how smart, how creative, how independent, and how incredible she is. I don't think she shows off for these women nearly often enough so they were very impressed to hear what an incredible young woman she is.


The rest of Mother's Day was nice and quiet. 

My rule is that I don't have to even think about the meals. So that morning puffy pancakes were waiting for me. That night I was spoiled with brisket and cake. Not just any cake, but a rubber ducky cake that McKenzie made. Look at it! 

Man I love these kiddos.

No comments: