Saturday, November 30, 2024

The Nutcracker

My mom picked up tickets for Ballet West's The Nutcracker again this year.  My girls decided they would rather stay and hang out in Logan this year, but the boys were excited to go and join me.  Camille and Hannah brought their kiddos and we made a day of it.  Unfortunately my mom was so, so sick that week that she couldn't come down with us.  As a bonus though, it meant that my Aunt Lisa could join us.  


The performance was great.  I ended up sitting right behind the boys which meant that I was able to watch their reactions the entire time.  They would turn and smile at each other when there was a scene they remembered or when a particularly funny moment happened.  They truly enjoyed being there which meant that I enjoyed being there.  I don't know how long I can get companions for the ballet each year, but I'll enjoy it while I can.  


Afterwards we all went out to eat at Warrens; hamburgers and shakes, because no ballet performance is complete without ice-cream!

No comments: