Saturday, September 23, 2023

Road to Kona

When Ironman training really kicks into gear it is rough!  But one of my favorite workouts has become the friend picnic marathon around McKay Lake.  I bring the food and water, I run around the lake for four hours, and my friends pop in to join me throughout the run.  For some of these ladies it's the only time we can get together to run and being able to talk and laugh with them is incredible.  It's their strength that gets me through these workouts.  I wasn't on top of it enough to get a group photo (mostly because they all come at different times) but here's a shout out to Chelsea, JoDee, Heather, Aimee, Lindsay and Jen who came and shared an adventure this morning.  


Ironman training also means when you are tired and cold you may eat in the shower to get both things taken care of at once :)

Just three weeks left!  It's getting real!

No comments: