Saturday, November 26, 2022

An Ogden Christmas kick-off

My Thanksgiving in Utah lasted three short days and two short nights.  Cambrie and I flew in to retrieve the kids from South Jordan.  I almost felt guilty for taking them away from so much fun, but I was so grateful that Brody and Alysha could step in and and take care of them for the week when I wasn't able to.  As we were driving up to Logan we found a new spot for lunch that serves acai bowls.  They were a huge hit and now I think my kids are going to always want to eat there when we visit.  




Saturday morning was a pretty chill day and Cambrie got to hang out with Ashe. She is hoping that Ryan's study abroad program works out so that she can take care of this gorgeous snake while he's gone.  


Saturday afternoon was a little crazier.  We had tickets for a matinee performance of the Nutcracker with the rest of the cousins.  It was the boys' first experience with the Nutcracker and they were not disappointed.  I explained that the performers were going to tell a story with just music and dancing, which seemed a little foreign at first but it was a simple enough story to understand that the boys didn't have any problem with it.  When the dance of the snowflakes began, Daxton turned to me and said, "I've never see dancing like this before!"  Both boys were enthralled.  Kelton loved guessing what countries the dances from the second act were from.  During the dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy I turned to see Daxton fast asleep in his chair. I wasn't surprised.  I sometimes fall asleep during her dance too.  But really he just hadn't had enough sleep the previous week.  Ultimately both boys really enjoyed it and were so entranced during the whole performance.  I'm glad they had a good time, because I love going with my kids.  
 



After the performance we went out to dinner before heading downtown to the electric light parade. It had been snowing so it was wet and cold, but we still enjoyed the parade.  My boys saw cars they had never seen before and thought it was awesome.  


After the parade we walked across the street for the lighting of the Christmas village.  Fireworks and Christmas lights is a killer combination.  


We enjoyed the houses, but there were so many other people there that it made it hard to get through the village quickly and we had toes that were slowly turning to ice. It was a bit of a whirlwind visit, but we still managed to enjoy every bit of it.




 

No comments: