Wednesday, August 17, 2022

First day of school

Here we go!  Time for school!  For some reason this summer didn't feel like other summers.  I never felt like we were bored.  Or at least I never heard the repetitive phrase from my kids that they were bored.  That is normally my indicator about whether or not we are ready for school to start back up.  So I guess we weren't ready!  Ready or not here it comes.  Daxton is in first grade and for the first time ever is really, truly excited about starting school.  He has become so much more confident and brave the last few years.  


Kelton is in third grade and is really hoping that his new teacher makes him super smart.  He is continuing with his goal to be friends with everyone at school.  I'm so proud of him for that goal.

We have never had such a rainy start to the school year.  We had to pull out jackets and umbrellas for the walk to school.  It was a deluge, not just a little rain!  

Best brother buddies

McKenzie went to school after lunch and by then the rain had let up a little bit.  She's so much more confident about middle school now that she has a year of it behind her.  She is excited about her classes, her schedule, and even her locker placement.  

Cambrie had one extra day of summer vacation before she had to go back.  She admitted to me that she is actually starting to enjoy high school.  She finally has friends at her lunch and friends in her classes.  She is taking a few honors classes and an AP class.  This is all so crazy for me!

Now that the kids are gone all day, it's just Moki and I here at home.  Hopefully he doesn't get too bored with only me for company!

No comments: