Oh dear. I never thought I'd be that mom that had an album full of dog photos, but it looks like I am. As I was going through the last couple of weeks to update this blog, I was shocked by how many pictures of Moki I have on there! So now I get to do the dog mom thing and share all of the photos of our pup. We have been getting used to having Moki around; his schedule, our schedule, his personality, our personalities, and trying to train him so that everything fits together well. The kids absolutely adore him. And, to Moki's credit, he doesn't seem to necessarily have one favorite "sibling" over the other.
Cambrie is his favorite to spend hours cuddling with.
McKenzie is his favorite when it comes to simple snuggles and piano concerts.
Kelton is his favorite brother to take him on walks.
Daxton is his favorite sibling to wrestle with.
He typically walks with me when I walk the boys to school. When it comes time to part ways he sits there whimpering like crazy to see his brothers go. (It's adorable.)
He loves it when we come home from school, work, or errands and play with him. I mean, look at that tail going wild!
His favorite toys are by far balls. He doesn't care what size they are, he loves to chase them around. Sometimes he gets his tennis ball stuck under the couch and goes crazy trying to retrieve it. When he's feeling slim he'll shimmy underneath the couch to get his ball out. I don't think he'll be able to fit for long, but right now it sure is funny to watch.
He has his basket of toys and his favorite corner to squeeze into next to the couch. He loves sitting on his bed and watching the family do their thing at night, just happy to be there. (This was him watching McKenzie and I sew...thrilling stuff!)
He rarely barks unless he's chasing the boys, and I love that he's fairly quiet. He doesn't even bark at his best friend Finn when they're both out in the yard. Finn is Megan's dog and lives next door. These dogs seriously are best buds. Noelle will just hand Finn up and over the fence and these two boys go wild! They love to chase each other and wrestle.
Of course their favorite spot to wrestle is the flower bed which is layered with dark, rich soil. They get filthy. Why don't they wrestle on the grass where we don't have to bath them afterwards?
When we first got Moki, he was not a fan of the snow. Now that we've seen plenty of it he's learned that he loves playing in it. My absolute favorite is when he digs his face down in the snow, and then pops his head back up, his muzzle covered in snow. It gets stuck in his eyebrows and beard making him look like an old man!
When the rest of the family is at work or school, he just follows me around like my little shadow. As far as puppies go, he's been pretty perfect. We hope he stays that way!
No comments:
Post a Comment