The kids have been in school now for about a week. And I mean ACTUALLY in school. Kelton and McKenzie leave in the morning, spend all day at school, and return in the afternoon. Cambrie goes up twice a week and the rest of the week she's home working on assignments. What this all means is that even though Daxton still has preschool, he and I are spending a lot more time together. So what are we doing with our days?
One day I took him to gymnastics at Paul Derda then we went on a walk to the Broomfield Commons Park. It was almost a mile walk and we spent it looking at the prairie dogs, watching ant hills, and staying away from coyotes. He didn't complain once sweet guy.

Playing on some play sculptures.

He loves picking dandelions for me. One day he picked two just because, "I love you mom."

The temperature right now is so pleasant that we've been eating ice-cream cones on our front porch (don't tell the other kids!).

He's been playing dress-ups in his favorite costumes. This day he couldn't decide what his pirate name should be, but turned down, "Black Beard," "Long John Silver," "Captain Hook," and "Daxton the fierce." He made it through the whole day without a name.

We ride to the bike park and ride. One day Jeremy was able to come with us and the two of them played tag on the pump track.

He's sweet most of the time, but sometimes he's just a little crazy. This is the preferred state of his room: disaster. I'll clean it, but it will look like this hours later. It drives me nuts!

Very sloppily eating alfredo noodles.

Both boys modeling their new masks from Grandpa. Daxton's shark mask is terrifying! This is Daxton's last year before kindergarten, so we'd better enjoy these days while we can.


No comments:
Post a Comment