I feel like right now the date nights have been more important than ever. I am barely hanging onto my sanity. We've had a couple of creative date nights lately. By some miracle, Without Limits was able to get permits for the Stroke and Stride series this summer. By another miracle Jeremy had off every Thursday in August. We signed up for the four remaining races of the season and have been having so much fun racing again. It's not exactly the same, we have to wear masks before and after the event, we have to line up on the beach six feet apart, there's a time trial start, and there's no lingering party afterwards, but I'll take it. Being able to race again just feels so good!

For another more traditional date night Jeremy took me out to El Five for dinner. He and his partners get to go out to eat for their partner meetings, and they always get the most fabulous food. He said he liked El Five because of the view of the city. He wasn't kidding, the view was stellar.
The food was also so, so good. I've been getting pretty tired of cooking the same dinners every night and to have these kind of flavors punch me in the mouth was so refreshing. The downtown vibe felt so alive. It was nice to be in a crowd again where people are gathering just to enjoy the evening, have a good time, and be together.


No comments:
Post a Comment