Surprise! We are in Utah.
After being trapped at home for nearly two months, we needed a change of scenery. The kids and I packed our bags and drove out without telling anyone but my mom and Leesa. During the drive I couldn't help but notice that while Cambrie may now be as tall as my mom, she hasn't changed much in nine years.
Our first day my mom took us up Smithfield Canyon where we could hopefully still some of the glacier lilies in bloom. It was almost like new life had been breathed into my kids as we hit the trail. Everyone was so happy, so relaxed, so extremely happy to be doing something besides being stuck in the house. The Thurstons went hiking with us and Graham Cracker brought the biggest smiles to my girls' faces.
Even though we missed the peak, we still found some the beautiful lilies!
Up in the meadow we found a tree swing that was so much fun that all of the kids kept hoping on and off taking turns over and over.
At one point I looked away from the swing and saw my four kids disappearing into the woods. I was so happy to see them playing and exploring. If our tummies weren't calling for lunch, I'm not sure how long we would've stayed up there. Cambrie found a stick that looked a lot like an alphorn.
Daxton found this enormous stick on the trail and insisted on carrying it all the way to the car. He never complained, so I don't have any complaints. We had to shorten it to fit in the car, but it started the weekend of perfect staff hunting for my kids.
















No comments:
Post a Comment