Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Inside/Outside moments


Last week we had gorgeous weather.  It was warm, felt like spring, and we spent a lot of time outside in the yard.  Jeremy is trying to fix some weird little problems with our grass and he recruited Cambrie to help haul dirt and spread it around the yard.  Hopefully that soil with some seeding will help the backyard issues we have.  

He also was feeling ambitious and dug up some of the front landscaping rocks in order to put down grass.  It makes no sense for us to have those rocks right up next to the sidewalk.  He taught Cambrie how to install sprinklers, and now all that's left is finding the right sod to go down.  

Unfortunately, Easter Sunday and Monday brought about five inches of snow.  I'm so over snow.  It was really cold too so we couldn't even go outside to play.  I think the boys are starting to lose it.  What do you think?  


I managed to finish another round of masks, taking my total up to 210.  The gal delivering them has delivered 11,000 of them to various health and city departments so far.

Daxton was able to Zoom with his class.  You could see that he was happy to see his friends, but I think he also really enjoys just being at home with the rest of us.  

His teachers are trying to keep as many traditions alive as they can.  This photo is apparently for a Mother's Day gift of some kind.  I just like his smile.  I also like remembering just how short their little arms are as babies/toddlers.  They barely reach above their heads :)  

One of his assignments was a painting project.  They painted these lions, then if they wanted, they could turn them into masks.  They did this all on their own and they they wore them for hours that morning.  

While McKenzie was practicing her piano the boys danced to the music.  It felt like I was watching some type of choreographed spooky play.

Kelton has loved spending more time with Jeremy.  Yesterday he had the whole day planned out with wrestling time, Lego time, Wii time, and board game time, just one right after the other.  It was fun for me watching the two of them play all day.

No comments: