Sunday, January 5, 2020

McKenzie is in double digits

McKenzie's birthday was on a Sunday, as well as being a family party this year which meant that it was a pretty low key day for this amazing girl.  Cambrie helped me stay up the night before so that we could cover everything in pink balloons and pink streamers.  Waiting for her at breakfast was a crepe, smoothie, and sweet party sunglasses.  

We opened presents after church and the girls were introduced to the "Heavy, heavy hang-over thy poor head.  What do you wish with a bump on your head?"  I was shocked the girls haven't heard of this game before, and I got a silly sense of joy watching them play.  

Bob came to watch McKenzie open her presents too. 

 She received a medal rack to keep track of all of her gymnastics medals, fencing for Bob, and a fun silk robe for when she preps for her gymnastics meets.  She requested lava cakes for her birthday cake, and those are probably the easiest birthday cakes ever to prepare.  The candles stayed up better in her ice-cream than the ooey, gooey cake.

The next day McKenzie and I went to go get our nails done.  I didn't take a picture of her in the salon, but she looked pretty adorable while the stylist did her nails and pampered her a bit.  

Here are 10 things I love about McKenzie:
-She's a sweetheart
-She works so hard at gymnastics
-She wants to be helpful, and makes my life easy
-She quite literally has too many friends to play with them all
-She has a pretty adorable smile
-She always wants to make the right choice
-She can put the boys to bed when they won't cooperate for me
-She's willing to be adventurous
-She loves being pretty with her hair, make up, dresses, and tiaras
-And she's a great example to me of patience and kindness

Happy birthday sweetheart!

No comments: