Saturday, March 2, 2019

Girls and Science

I decided to take the kids down to the Girls and Science day at the Museum of Nature and Science.  Risas was the title sponsor, which was just one more reason for us to go and enjoy the festivities.  My girls were in heaven.  They walked from booth to booth doing projects, seeing displays, hearing lectures, and generally enjoying being surrounded by dozens of professional women in the STEM fields.  We met up with the Tolleys, and McKenzie met up with Stephanie also which meant we had a lot of friends with us as we explored the museum that day.  

The largest exhibit was the CBS 4 Weather channel station where the kids were able to practice being weather forecasters on a green screen.  It was so fun watching the girls up there that I wasn't disappointed at all when the boys said they needed help on their turn.  




We spent three hours there before the boys were pretty wiped out and ready to go home.  Had I left it up to the girls, however, they probably would have stayed until the museum closed because they were having such a good time.  



As we were walking out of the parking lot, Cambried said that she had never been so inspired.  She was so excited seeing all of the different kinds of engineering positions available and didn't know she had so many choices when she grew up.  I definitely need to get this girl to more events like this.

No comments: