Before life exploded into craziness, we had booked a mid-week trip up to Keystone. After skiing with the Tolleys, our kids seemed to think that skiing with friends was more enjoyable than skiing with me and Jeremy. Go figure! Luckily, the Werners happened to book the exact same skication and we were able to spend two days on the mountain with that incredible family. The night before we hit the slopes a storm rolled through a brought about six inches of fresh, beautiful powder. I don't think I've ever had a powder day in Colorado and it was so refreshing! The kids quickly narrowed down their favorite runs to those where they could pop in and out of the trees and feel like they were exploring. The adults loved their choice of runs too because we would pop deeper into the trees for some great powder skiing and were even able to make some new fresh tracks.
The girls on one of the lift rides up.
Aubri and McKenzie
Brynlee and Cambrie
All six crazy skiers
Towards the end of the day Cambrie wanted to go over to the terrain park. This picture was taken late, but she caught some air and had the biggest grin on her face.
Kelton really just learned how to ski last year, and I wasn't sure if he'd be able to keep up with us all day. With Brayden on the slopes, however, Kelton had extra motivation to fly down the runs. It was glorious!
Tree skiing comes with risk, like have all six kids get stuck in the powder at the same time! It took some muscle to get them all out this round.
The first day Jeremy and I took turns watching Daxton while the other skied with the big kids.
The second day though we took a page out of the Werner's book and dropped Daxton off at child care. I never thought I'd ever do that, but I have to say that it was wonderful. Our family was able to ski all together, and Daxton was entertained the entire time. We was all smiles when I picked him up, and it looks like they had a blast playing in the snow, having snowball fights, and going on walks. Next year we'll put him on a pair of skis so he can join us for our crazy adventures.
When we weren't on the slopes, we were hanging out in the village and at the condo.
We brought Jeremy's birthday presents and celebrated his birthday up there with presents and brownies. The kids were really excited to get Jeremy this shirt.
I love this picture of the five of them!
There was a pool table down in the lobby and we tried teaching the kids how to play. I say "teach" very loosely because I can't play either! Luckily Jeremy knows a lot more than we do and was able to keep us in line.
Cambrie was able to figure it out pretty well.
McKenzie just could not master the skill of keeping her queue level. It would swing up wildly after each shot.
Daxton didn't want to be left out and set up his own pool game on the floor with the extra balls he found.
During our first night we ventured out into the snow and the kids all said that it looked like Christmas in the village. It was really pretty.
We played on the playground for awhile then wandered over and found a oversized checkers game. Somehow I have failed in teaching my kids the most basic of all board games, checkers. Not one of them knew how to play! We played until our fingers were frozen and we were ready for some dinner.
It really was a great two days, and I was glad to have a break from reality while we were up there. Thankfully the kids had so much fun that they're asking when they can go back. Mission accomplished!




















No comments:
Post a Comment