For my birthday present this year I requested a reason to wear my new cowgirl boots. Jeremy bought us tickets to go see Rascal Flatts at Red Rocks, and it was finally time for showtime! We started with dinner at an Ethiopian place in Lafayette. It was amazing! I've never had flavors blend like that and would love to go back!
We ended up running a bit late by the time we had all the kids taken care of, but we finally made it to the concert just as the sun set. It was so beautiful.
I was excited to be there for so many reasons: I was on a date with my husband. I got to wear my new boots (which I didn't get a picture of!) The weather was perfect. Rascal Flatts is a great band. And it was September 11th. I couldn't think of a more excited/patriotic group of people than a bunch of country cowboys. We had a couple tributes and sang the national anthem as an audience. It was great. The concert itself was amazing! I do a horrible job of keeping track of which country artists sing which songs. Well, I knew 95% of the music played that night and could sing along which is the best way to spend the night. They were also filming a promo video for one of their new songs so we were in on that. With everyone's cell phone flashlights going in the audience it was so pretty. I mean, look at this venue?! What a great night.



No comments:
Post a Comment