On Black Friday my mom SHOCKED me by wanting to go shopping instead of hitting the trails behind her house for a hike. I admit it, I shocked myself by going hiking instead of shopping. But the mountains were calling so off I went. I joined a few of her friends and they took me up the five hills. I scrambled up the face of the first hill and was rewarded by this amazing view of Cache Valley.
I could only go as far as the second hill before I was out of time, but it was so great. To make up for lost time I decided to run the whole trail down. Trail running downhill is a breeze, but I had to stop long enough to take a picture of the cute stream I had to pass over. Not a shabby way to spend the morning after a Thanksgiving feast! I should have added, "I'm thankful for beautiful mountains" to my grateful list!


No comments:
Post a Comment