They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Well my words need these pictures to do my story justice. Kelton started playing small fry soccer this season. He has had a great experience and loves every game. This week though was by far the best and most entertaining game I have ever seen. Now, you can't jump ahead in the pictures just to get to the end of the story. That is called cheating. You have to experience it step by step. Let's begin at the beginning.
Game face! He is psyched! He is ready! And to take a quote from Mulan, "I think my bunny slippers just ran for cover!" That goofball grin should have clued me in to the rest of the game.
Game on! He dribbles the ball really well on the run and is one of their star players (as much as you can have a star player at 3-years-old).


This is where my funny bone started tickling. This is Kelton's field, but I want you to count how many different colored shirts you see on that field. Four! Kids from two fields over just kept playing and playing with no regard to where they were until their coaches caught up with them on our field. The best part? Our team didn't even notice.


I looked twice to see what was going on here. Kelton had pulled his shirt over his head. Ok, a little weird, but he was smiling, his coach was smiling, and he was still playing.


Did I say clown? Yes I did. I had a conversation with my dad when Kelton was little about how Kelton was going to be the class clown. I guess I'm starting to see some of that personality now. He decided to get down on all fours and play soccer like a bear. He crawled around for two possessions and then the rest of his team wanted to play like bears too! The coaches were cracking up! They didn't know what to do to get the kids back on their feet.


And let's save the best for last shall we? That is Kelton with his shirt completely over his head. It's a little chilly, but he doesn't seem to mind bearing his belly. Our coach is standing next to me at this time just shaking his head and laughing at Kelton. What is this kid doing? Did you guess dribbling down the field, stealing the ball from other players, and scoring a goal with his shirt over his head? Wow! You are 100% correct! Best 30 minutes ever!



No comments:
Post a Comment