Friday, November 11, 2016

Gym Star

Miss McKenzie has been working soooo hard at gymnastics.  She's moved gyms, switched coaches, found friends, practices at home, and all to meet her goal of making the competition team and earning a big trophy.  It's been a long road, but I've been so impressed with her dedication and her desire to keep working hard even when things don't work out quite as she hopes.  Right now she is in gym stars level 3 (soon to move up to level 4 next session), and while her class doesn't compete, her gym holds a show where all the gym stars can show what they've been working on in a meet format.  We pulled out her sparkly leotard, put gel in her hair, and sent her off to be with her coach.  McKenzie was so excited about the show.  We've been out of town for the last two and she hasn't been able to participate, so this was a dream come true.  

The night began with all the coaches marching in their gymnasts.  

Then they worked around the apparatuses, one at a time, performing the routines they had practiced.  Watching McKenzie salute to the stands was beyond adorable!  She had a huge grin on her face as she threw both arms up over her head.  I can tell she just loves it. I don't think it is possible to wipe the grin off her face.  After all of the girls had performed, they received a medal.  This was McKenzie's first award for gymnastics, and she's been working hard for three years.  


Her best gymnastics friend, Ava, was just as thrilled.  These girls probably spend most of their classes talking, but they are so cute together and still get their skills done.  

Jeremy and I gave McKenzie a rose afterwards, and that flower has received nothing but special treatment since it entered her hands.  I'm so proud of my little gym star.

No comments: