So our basement is really, really close to being done. Here are some more of our progress pictures. The concrete shower pad was poured and the concrete guy put the girls' initials in it per their request. They were pretty excited even if they will be covered up by tile.

My mom came out to help me tile the bathroom and laundry room which was a huge, huge, help. Little did we know that McKenzie is also a superb little grouter. She loved spreading that mud all over her fingers and smearing it in the cracks. 

Kelton did he best to help and stay out of the way at the same time. When things were drying we had to explain to him that they were "sticky" simply because I couldn't think of a better way to explain the drying process of quick-set and grout to a two-year old. He started playing hopscotch on the tiles after awhile which I thought was a pretty creative game.
During this whole basement finishing process, my poor kids have been ignored a lot All the adults will be downstairs working with power tools while the kids hang out upstairs and do whatever they want. For the most part it really hasn't been that bad. I typically have to vacuum the entire floor because of cracker crumbs, and I always have a lot of toys to put away, but they haven't complained and have been good little troopers. After a long day of tiling I came upstairs to find that Kelton had found a red Sharpie and had colored on the kitchen floor. The funny thing was, I wasn't even mad. I laughed, got out the Magic Eraser, and went to work. The Magic Eraser did it's magic and the Sharpie luckily came off without a problem. I think we'll all be relieved when this project is done!



No comments:
Post a Comment