Jeremy and I have wanted to finish the basement since we first bought this home. We've toyed with the idea for years and finally decided it was time to take the plunge. The first step was obviously emptying the basement. That took me almost two weeks. There were baby clothes, baby toys, baby supplies, big kid clothes, snow clothes, camping equipment, outdoor fun equipment, cleaning supplies, decorations, books, memorabilia from Jeremy and my younger days, toys, sewing stuff, toys, food storage, toys, food storage, and more food storage. Jeremy's side of the garage is now our temporary storage unit. I really hope I don't need anything from inside that cube of stuff before the basement is done because there's no way I'm getting it out. What didn't fit in the garage is upstairs in our bedrooms. The girls have lots of extra toys in their room, which means it won't be clean any time in the near future. Kelton is storing an extra bookcase and an extra full-sized mattress and box springs. Jeremy and I have my sewing stuff, big pictures, and the extra lamps. It feels just like we are back in our old apartment in Philadelphia-squished.
Before:
After we removed everything Jeremy and I demolished the temporary walls that were there and prepared it for the beginning of construction. So far we have started marking the walls and picking up the tools and supplies we're going to need. Jeremy took advantage of all the rain that softened the ground to start digging out the bedroom egress. The window well needs to be a foot farther from the wall that was prepared, so that has been a ton of work. We are waiting now for our materials before we can move on to fireproofing...ya! It's going to take us all summer to get this baby done, and hopefully we enjoy at least some of the process.
Not yet after, but currently:
No comments:
Post a Comment