Age for kids is funny. They may spend one month being 4-years-old, then suddenly jump to 4 1/2, because they are almost to five! And that extra half year is super important! I even found myself talking about my kids' ages as though McKenzie had already turned 5 three months ago. So now that it's finally here, it doesn't seem as strange as I expected. McKenzie had definitely been counting down the days and she was really excited to choose the meals for the day, eat her surprise birthday cake, and have a friend over to celebrate with us. She was so excited in fact that she and Cambrie came into my bedroom at 3:30 wanting to know if it was time to make waffles, and to make sure I had purchased strawberries and whipped cream. I admit, I wasn't too pleased with the day starting out like that! But when the sun finally rose and it was time to celebrate McKenzie's birthday we were ready. We had balloons blown up, banners hung, presents wrapped, her birthday dishes ready to go, and strawberries for the waffles.
School was still out so we took our time celebrating. It was really nice actually. After lunch McKenzie's friend, Brielle, came over. McKenzie wanted to go to Jump City for her party. It seemed as though every other kid in Denver wanted to go to Jump City too, because it was incredibly crowded. The girls had a lot of fun even with the crowds. We slid down the tramps, played Don't Break the Egg, dodgeball, bounced off walls, and raced down the trampolines.
It didn't take them long to tire out and they started asking for cake.
Jeremy had stayed home to watch a sleeping Kelton and to finish the cake. He did a fabulous job yet again. Since McKenzie is obsessed with Elsa, we didn't have to think too hard about a theme, but I knew he was stuck with some of the specific details. I was very surprised to come home and find a glowing sugar ice castle! McKenzie had to close her eyes while she walked through the kitchen and kept trying to peek while we finished things up. Not soon enough it was time to enjoy that beautiful cake.
We sang Happy Birthday, she blew out the candles, and we served up enough cake to turn each girls' mouth blue.
To top it off, we even had blue Elsa punch which was super tasty.
Because of Christmas and an early birthday party, this girl has had a lot of practice opening presents. She flew through them in no time.
She received a bunch of Elsa toys, accessories for Caroline, and a fun new snow princess towel.
I can't help but take a moment to brag about this little girl. She is seriously the least selfish girl I know. She will give you her last lollipop, the last bite of cake, the first choice of games, and will go out of her way to make you feel better. I took this picture because I think she looks beautiful, but truly, she has the most beautiful heart also.
No comments:
Post a Comment