showers,
and more showers,
the bachelorette party (no pictures means no incriminating proof of our awesome night), creating wedding favors,
spot cleaning her wedding dress, ironing wedding party clothes, painting fingernails,
making the wedding cake,
playing dress up,
and about a million other super fun things. Smile Kelton!
The day of the wedding everyone got dressed and headed down to the Ogden temple for these two love birds.
Jeremy and Cambrie met up with us for the first time in a week, and then suddenly it was time for the ceremony. During the sealing I couldn't help but think what a good pair Camille and Jake make. I am so happy with Camille's choice. She chose a really good guy. It was a beautiful sealing and afterwards Jeremy and I headed downstairs to wait with the rest of the family. Leesa had been watching our kids while we were upstairs and she asked if I was going to help Camille get dressed in the bride's room. I hadn't even considered it. I had a vague memory of only the escorts being allowed in there to help with congestion, but I thought it was at least worth asking about. I worked my way through the hallways until I came to the bride's room. The temple workers let me by without question and I was able to help Camille get dressed. Unfortunately I started crying when I saw her. Normally that wouldn't be too big of an issue, but she was trying to fix her make-up and she started crying too. I pulled myself together enough to help fix her hair, put in her veil, and get her all buttoned up. I was so grateful that I was able to be there with her. It is one of the sweetest memories I have with my sister. As we walked out of the bride's room, Jake was there to meet her. From then I knew that she belonged with him. I walked out to meet my family and warn the rest of the crowd that they would be coming out soon. They walked out to beautiful sunshine,
and happy nieces ready to give them huge hugs.
Pictures always take awhile, but my kids held it together pretty well considering that it was pretty chilly. I think most of us are going to have pink noses in those pictures.
The luncheon went well too. Kelton sat next to Leesa and I was shocked to see him sitting still in his highchair actually eating food! The luncheon became that much less stressful for me.
I walked around as people were arriving to take some quick candid table shots. Cambrie insisted on photo-bombing as many as she could.
I thought that Jeremy would be headed straight back to Salt Lake after the luncheon to catch his flight back to Colorado. I was really glad when he told me he had enough time to come up for at least part of the reception. And he could help with the crazy flower girls!
The reception was beautiful. I admit that it was a little stressful getting everything set up, but it came together really well. Camille chose beautiful decorations, and the pictures hanging up everywhere were gorgeous. She and Jake are just too darn photogenic! Meanwhile, I was trying to get a family pic with my kids....and I was feeling less photogenic. But that's what happens when kids are climbing on you, drooling on you, and tugging at your pretty consistently.
During the reception McKenzie and Faye enjoyed dancing together. It was super cute.
Eyeing the caramel fountain...
Signing the guest book. Eventually the kids wore out and we set up a movie in another room for them.
With the kids entertained I realized that no one had said they were going to decorate the newlywed's car! They said they didn't want a lot of mess to clean up, but I'm sorry, we're going to decorate it anyway! I sent one of Camille's friends to the store and hoped she'd make it back in time. About the same time I realized I left one last gift at the house and had to hurry home to grab it before the happy couple left. I flew through the neighborhood just hoping Jake's police father wasn't watching, and made it back just in time to see the sparklers being lit. I had a quick chance to say good-bye then the party was suddenly over.
We were exhausted but it was a fun exhaustion. I'm glad we were able to be there for it all. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to witness Ryan eating an entire pumpkin pie by himself!

No comments:
Post a Comment