We had all day after our stay to hang out downtown. The girls and I went on a morning walk to the state capital. On our way we walked down 16th Street Mall and the girls played on every piano we passed (about six of them). Cambrie played "Firefly" and McKenzie played "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" with a little help. Some of the folks on the street already were playing too and it made for a really fun atmosphere.
After our walk we decided to go to Cherry Creek Reservoir. Since we don't have immediate access to an ocean beach, we hoped that the kids would like this just as much. The sand was awesome....but the water was green. Not a pretty, clear, refreshing green...but pond scum green. I wasn't too disappointed that the kids were happy playing on the sand and didn't spend much time in the water.
I really liked Jeremy's version of a beach side babysitter for Kelton. I can't tell what that expression on Kelton's face is exactly.
Of course they had to build a sand castle.
After McKenzie and I built the complex, she laid down to take a nap...
...while Cambrie and Jeremy added the moat, waterfall and nearby lake.
Then it was Kelton's turn to add his special touch, destruction! He thought smashing those towers was awesome.
It's a good thing McKenzie wasn't awake to see the final product.
No comments:
Post a Comment