Friday, July 19, 2013

First week home

One of the best baby presents I received with Kelton's arrival was the offer from Bruce and Leesa to take the girls for a week after he was born.  At first I was a little skeptical about them being gone for so long and thought that I would miss them terribly.  While I did miss them, I was glad that they were gone and having a fabulous time with their cousins, because that meant I had some one-on-one time with Kelton.  I had no responsibilities except to make sure that Kelton was fed and happy.  I didn't have to clean the house.  I didn't have to cook dinner.  I didn't have to entertain the girls.  I simply got to sit on the couch and enjoy my little man.  I stared at his face and waited for his smiles all day every day.  It was so wonderful to have that time to spend with him.  I know it is time that I will never get again.  I tried to capture the beauty of him as a newborn on film, but it is really hard to take a picture of a cute and sleeping newborn while they are being held in your arms.  While I couldn't quite capture one of his perfect smiles, I did end up with some great expressions:  









There were times when I pulled myself up from the couch to get some house chores done, like laundry.  Kelton didn't mind helping me with that at all.  

He also had his first bath this week.  He did cry or protest at all.  He looked at us the whole time trying to figure what on earth was going on, but that was about it.  

I think that "new baby" smell is a million times better than any "new car" smell.  I love cuddling him just so I can smell him...ah...it won't last forever so I am doing my best to enjoy it now.

3 comments:

Caralee said...

He is SO cute Annette! I love the hair :)

The Petersons said...

What a sweetheart! Newborns make the best faces! :)

bobandhaley said...

He is a handsome little guy! Congratulations.