To give the girls something to do this summer without the routine of school, I've signed them up for a couple different activities. One of them was a three week dance class with a laurel named Sharon. She occasionally teaches small classes from her home and it seemed like a nice fit with our empty schedule. McKenzie couldn't get enough of ballet and was thrilled whenever I told her it was time to go to class. One afternoon she came down to my sewing room to show me that she had been learning pliets in class. So stinkin' cute! I think I may have to sign her up for a more permanent class. Yesterday the girls had their final class and recital. They each performed one song showcasing the moves they had been taught. McKenzie was so distracted by the cameras and the parents watching that she was a little lost during the performance, although I could tell that she really did know what she was doing.


Cambrie did better with stage fright and did her routine well. I had the video camera rolling during their performances which meant the girls each took a turn with the camera taking pictures of their sister during their performance. I'm surprised we actually got some good ones :)
Great job my two little ballerinas!
No comments:
Post a Comment