Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Bay

The girls are participating in the summer reading program this summer.  Cambrie was so excited to earn a prize that she finished the 5 hours of reading necessary in the first week.  We read a lot of books.  The prize for the first level was lunch at Subway, some ice-cream, and a pass to The Bay.  The Bay is a little water park down by the community center and it has water slides that are a good size for younger kids.  As soon as Jeremy had a day off we headed down to have some fun.  We spent the first half of the day on the water slides.  McKenzie was giggling down every slide.  I wish I captured it on film, she was having so much fun.  Cambrie was the same way.  As soon as we hit the splash down pool the girls were up and running to the top to go again.  After a bus full of summer camp kids showed up we decided to take a break from the slides for a bit and headed over to the little play structure that was a good size for McKenzie.  She loved turning the water valves and running away from Crocidile Jeremy. 

But it was Cambrie who was really getting into it.  With her goggles on she is fearless of the water and would run under all of the fountains on her way up to the small slide, over and over again. 

The water was a little chilly so we took quite a few warming breaks, but they never lasted too long. 

At the end of the day I wanted to get a picture of the girls together, and when I told them to smile, this is what I got:  Ya, totally goof balls.

No comments: