Fourth of July
Our Fourth of July weekend was excellent. We started off the celebrations with a BBQ at Houston Park with some friends. There was food, lots of kids for Cambrie to play with, and even adults for Jeremy and I to play with. We played baseball.
At first the guys had a little testosterone time and played guys only, then they softened up a bit and let some of the ladies play. I haven't played baseball in years so I was a little rusty, but it was fun all the same and I hit the ball each at bat. While Jeremy and I were on the baseball diamond, Cambrie had a great time running wild and being watched by some of the other families (thanks guys!).
She played tee-ball with Kiesel, and was a little cheerleader with Abby and Neveah.
This was our last Fourth of July celebration in Philadelphia so we decided we had to see the city fireworks at least once. We worked our way down Kelly Drive to Boathouse Row, which is basically the backyard of the Art Museum where they were lighting the fireworks.
We found the Griffitts and Milmonts down there too, so we all celebrated together. It wasn't very crowded and the girls had plenty of wiggle room to play while we were waiting for the show to start. They kicked a ball around for awhile, and jumped on Jeremy a lot. His abs were quite sore the next day.
When the show finally began we weren't disappointed. Cambrie loved seeing, and even hearing the fireworks. She was able to warm up to the idea before hand as people near us were lighting their own fireworks (on the grass...weird and slightly dumb I know), but it was great for her. We talked about all of the colors in the fireworks and how they go, "Boom!" Don't they look great?! Happy Independence Day!
2 comments:
Looks pretty fun to me!! The wedding invitation we sent to you came back undeliverable! Can you send me your address?
Sounds fun! You guys always know how to seize the day!
Post a Comment