Thursday, October 9, 2008
Pumpkin patch
What do you get when you combine a hayride, a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, a giant slide and an ice-cream cone? Autumn of course! Today we went on a field trip with both preschool classes and their families to Freddy Hills Farm for a little fall-time fun.
To begin our adventure, we all piled into flat-bed wagons loaded with straw and they pulled us to a pumpkin patch where each kid got to hunt for their own perfect pumpkin.
Cambrie thought all the orange balls were great. She would walk from pumpkin to pumpkin trying to pick them up and carry them around. The ones with stems were a lot easier to hold on to. If carrying a pumpkin around wasn't hard enough, Cambrie's feet kept getting caught in all the vines. She spent a lot of time trying not to fall. But she finally found her perfect pumpkin.

The last stop on our hayride tour was a corn maze. I thought that it would be a pretty simple maze considering their clientele, so I let Cambrie lead the way. She started off following her friends, but she just doesn't walk as fast. Twenty minutes later I realized that we were alone and there were plenty of dead ends and circle routes, so I had to take over as navigator. Did I mention we were the last ones out? Ya, Cambrie and I are pros. Cambrie was just thrilled that the way out of the maze involved a really tall slide. 
And finally, what field trip would be complete without a little ice-cream? They make their own ice-cream at the farm and it was absolutely, positively wonderfulishish. (Thanks Cambrie for sharing your ice-cream cone :) It was a great day spent with friends and festivities. Happy fall everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun. Are you enjoying teaching preschool? And does Cambrie get to come with you to preschool or did she just get to come on the field trip? I can't believe how big she looks in those pictures, walking around and carrying her own little pumpkin!
I don't know what happened over the past week, but all the sudden Cambrie looks like a little girl instead of a baby. Wow, she's growing up fast! By the way, I love your autumn post too!
So jealous!! I think I've been wanting to go there since the first fall we moved here. Can someone puhlease talk my husband into it?!?
I HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ADORABLE NIECE IN THE WORLD!!! I miss you guys. She is growing up so fast! How am I supposed to be the best aunt if I miss all of her super cute learning years? Oh man. I'm so excited to see you guys in a couple of weeks. Give Cambrie the biggest hug possible from me. Love you Annette!
I love the pictures of Cambrie holding her pumpkin. She's such a cute little toddler! And I'm in complete agreement with all of your fall favorites in the other post. :)
Post a Comment